The great Anita Baker, who somehow seems to end up with labels that undervalue her. Seriously, not long after her first album her band was cut as the label felt that Anita had no star power. Similar things have happened to her a few times since then. Funny that she has numerous accolades under her belt, receiving at least 20 awards (with many nominations) & even has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame. Looks to me like her first label didn’t know anything about her & probably had never really listened to her sing. Baker has made a comeback in more recent years as she has returned from hiatus (she was raising her sons, just in case you didn’t know, let’s hear it for mommy power) though, she seems to pick terrible recording labels, as a restructure had her dropped. Still, we get to enjoy the occasional new release & her live appearances are amazing.
(Pics courtesy of Google image search)
Ever elegant, I can’t help but admire her & her style choices. Today my inspired wish list comes to us from Billy the Tree, from among their many beautiful selections. Anita appears to favor earrings, so the vast majority of the pieces featured today are along those lines, but I did also find a couple of cuff bracelets that caught my eye.
1) Vintage Silver Tone Crystal Fashion Earrings ($12.95)
2) Gold Tone Tigers Eye Fashion Earrings ($13.29)
3) Crystal Pear Shape Fashion Drop Earrings ($13.95)
4) Diamond Cut Drop French Wire Earrings 925 Sterling Silver ($15.95)
5) 1928 Jewelry – Silver-Tone Hematite Round Drop Earrings ($16)
6) Antique Brass Hammered Cuff ($17.95)
7) 1928 Jewelry – Gold-Tone Crystal Filigree Teardrop Earrings ($18)
8) 1928 Jewelry – Gold-Tone Corrugated Oval Drop Earrings ($18)
9) Antique Brass Floral Design Cuff Bracelet ($19.95)
This post contains affiliate links, should you choose to follow them to do your shopping I will earn a small commission on anything you may purchase. If you like this post you can subscribe by email, RSS, or Bloglovin’ with the appropriate buttons on this page. You could do me a huge favor & share this too. 😉 You can also give a like to my Facebook page & add Orbb’s Fashion to your GooglePlus circles. Follow me on Twitter @Orbb80 & Pinterest. 😉 As always I wish you, my wonderful readers, happy shopping! – Orbb ❤