Billie Holiday, born Eleanor Fegan, was beautiful, incredibly talented & her innovative singing style forever changed the way singers manipulate phrases & tempo. Her story is also incredibly tragic, ending with her handcuffed to her hospital bed & with $0.70 in the bank, the rest of her money having been swindled from her.
I would even go so far as to say that, in my opinion, she was the greatest vocalist of the last century & one of the strongest women in memory. Living in a time when segregation was a fact of life, she was the first black female singer to tour the south with a white band leader during her time with Artie Shaw’s band. Eventually she left that band due to being made to enter buildings through servant doors, having to use service elevators & so many other race related issues that culminated over time. Unfortunately a string of abusive men, alcoholism & addiction took her from this world in the summer of 1959.
Her fashion sense & poise is something to admire & aspire to. So of course I found a few items, this time at Target, in the style of the late, great Billie Holiday.
1) Women’s Filigree Flower Earring with Stone Dangle ($5.58)
2) Women’s Tree of Life Dangle Earring ($7.99)
3) Women’s Rampage® Fashion Choker Necklace with Multiple Stones ($12.99)
4) Women’s Two-Layer Necklace with Pave and Simulated Pearl ($14.99)
5) Women’s Fashion 3 Row Necklace with Simulated Pearls ($16.99)
6) Women’s Riviera® Flower Salon Clip/Pin ($7.99)
7) Women’s Riviera® Flower Clip with Stones ($8.99)
8) Women’s Metallic and Feather Fascinator Headband ($12.99)
9) Women’s Capsule by Cara Soft Floral Headband ($16.99)
This post contains affiliate links, should you choose to follow them to do your shopping I will earn a small commission on anything you may purchase. If you like this post you can subscribe by email, RSS, or Bloglovin’ with the appropriate buttons on this page. You could do me a huge favor & share this too. 😉 You can also give a like to my Facebook page & add Orbb’s Fashion to your GooglePlus circles. Follow me on Twitter @Orbb80 & Pinterest. 😉 As always I wish you, my wonderful readers, happy shopping! – Orbb ❤